Are you ready to explore?
Engaging facts, amazing photography and captivating real-life video take young learners on a journey to explore the world as they learn English.
Why do whales jump out of water? What makes our bodies move? Guess What! has the answers. This highly visual six-level course taps into children’s natural curiosity and sparks their interest through content-based topics, beautiful photography, and captivating video. It takes them on a remarkable journey of exploration and discovery as they learn English. The syllabus mapped to the Cambridge English: Young Learners exams, and emphasis on self-reflection ensure children have the necessary support to enjoy learning and achieve great results. The focus on functional language provides learners with the tools they need to use English in and outside of school while lively stories prepare for success in life with social values. The digital support in Guess What! enables teachers to explore the material in new ways thanks to the interactive Presentation Plus software, extra online practice in the Cambridge Learning Management System and online digital teacher training course.
Guess What! Pupil’s Book
Children are full of questions and naturally curious about the world around them. Through the power of the camera lens Guess What! taps into this curiosity and sparks interest in topics from across the curriculum.
The Guess What! Pupil’s Book features nine highly visual units, including a Welcome unit, full of beautiful photography, enriching stories, cross-curricular content and plenty of varied language and skills practice.
Building confidence through success
- Language syllabus, based on the Cambridge YLE exams, introduced in small chunks to help learners achieve success with each lesson
- Improved pronunciation and spelling thanks to focus on sounds of English and the relation between sounds and letters in ‘Say it’ sections.
- Enriching adventure stories prepare children for success in life by teaching them social values
- Regular progress checks with Revision spreads every two units
Plus many different language practice opportunities including songs, chants, pair and group work, and personalisation activities.
Improving proficiency across content areas
- Beautiful photography opening each unit and CLIL lesson make learners want to learn more about the topics
- Content (CLIL) lessons with fascinating video documentaries improve learners’ proficiency across a wider curriculum
- Projects at the end of every unit to consolidate children’s subject knowledge and language skills in a creative and hands-on way.